Brkfst: Eggs with Mango Gazpacho
- 2 cups of 1/4-inch-diced fresh (ripe) mangoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Process mangoes and EVOO in a blender or food processor until pureed.
Transfer to a medium bowl, along with remaining ingredients.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be made several hours before serving – it’s even better the next day.)
Serve in a bowl (as a traditional soup) or dump it right over freshly poached, fried or scrambled eggs. Top with fresh basil or cilantro and enjoy!