Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad With Dill Cream Dressing
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes unpeeled, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 pound medium zucchini cut on diagonal
- into 1/4"-thick slices
- 3 celery stalks thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped pitted large green
- Sicilian olives ( or other brine-cured green olives)
Combine 1/2 cup dill, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, shallot, and 2 teaspoons lemon peel in large bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or chill up to 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup dill, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon peel in small bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Steam potatoes until just tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine zucchini slices and 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
Heat grill pan or large ridged cast-iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 4 minutes. Working in batches, grill zucchini slices until just crisp-tender, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plate.
Grill chicken until brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to work surface; cool 15 minutes. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes; add to potatoes in bowl. Mix in celery, olives, and dressing; season with salt and pepper.
Overlap zucchini slices around edge of platter. Mound chicken salad in center.
This recipe yields 6 servings.