Grilled Eggplant Parmesan
- 1 1/3 cups shredded four-cheese mix (or pizza cheese)
- 2 tablespoons Italian-style dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup thinly-sliced fresh basil plus
- 2 tablespoons thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1 medium eggplant - (abt 1 lb) cut lengthwise
- into 1/2"-thick slices
- 8 ounces plum tomatoes thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Stir cheese mix, breadcrumbs, and 1/3 cup basil in medium bowl to blend.
Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Sprinkle eggplant and tomatoes with salt and pepper. Brush 1 side of eggplant slices with some oil. Grill, oiled-side down, until bottom side is tender and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes.
Brush second side of eggplant slices with more oil; turn over and top grilled side with tomatoes, then cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cover and grill until tomatoes are tender and cheese melts, about 7 minutes.
Transfer eggplant slices to plates. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.