Patriotic Berry Trifle
When Fourth of July rolls around, it's time to bring out your most crowd-pleasing recipes. This red, white and blue dessert will definitely impress your guests.
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 premade angel food cake, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream, at room temperature
- 2 pints blueberries
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Heat 1/4 cup sugar, the lemon juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract.
Brush both sides of each slice of cake with the syrup. Cut the slices into 1-inch cubes.
Beat the remaining 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth and light. Add the cream and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and the consistency of whipped cream.
Arrange half of the cake cubes in the bottom of a 13-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries. Dollop half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread. Top with a layer of strawberries. Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, then sprinkle with more blueberries and top with the remaining cream mixture. Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries, arranging them in a decorative pattern. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (809 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)