Creamy Polenta With Gorgonzola And Spinach
- 4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups polenta (coarse cornmeal) (available at Italian markets, natural foods stores, and some supermarkets)
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach - (packed)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Bring first 3 ingredients to boil in large saucepan. Gradually whisk in polenta. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer until almost absorbed and polenta thickens, about 5 minutes. Add cheese and parsley; stir until cheese melts. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl and serve.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 side-dish servings.