Soup - Thai Pumpkin Coconut Soup
Great for a warming winter meal. Add another chili pepper if you like heat. For color and added texture, sprinkle with sliced red chili pepper before serving.
- 8 cups (2 L) cubed peeled pie pumpkin or winter squash, (2-1/4 lb/1 kg)
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small red chili pepper, (such as Thai bird)
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugarPreparation
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 320mins
In slow cooker, combine pumpkin, onion, ginger, garlic and red chili pepper. Pour in coconut milk, broth and fish sauce.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
Using immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Stir in cilantro, lime juice and brown sugar.
You'll also love
- Pineapple Ginger Fried Rice 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic &... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Ultimate Banana Bread 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup from... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Light and Fluffy Coconut Macaroons 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Orange-Coconut Angel Food Cake 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pumpkin Mousse 4.7/5 (18 Votes)