Braised Pork With Mojo Sauce
- 5 1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs excess fat trimmed, cut into 2" to 3" pieces
- 2 cans low-salt chicken broth - (14 oz ea)
- 1 large garlic head peeled, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- Mojo Sauce (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine pork, broth, half of garlic, bay leaves, salt, and pepper in large ovenproof pot. Cover tightly; bake until pork is very tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Using slotted spoon, transfer pork to bowl. Boil liquid in pot until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 30 minutes. Return pork to pot; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and remaining garlic; sauté until onion is tender and golden brown, about 12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer pork to plates; spoon some pan juices over. Top with sautéed onion mixture. Serve with Mojo Sauce.
This recipe yields 6 servings.