Baked Stuffed Mushrooms With Crab
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise - (heaping) plus
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 24 large mushrooms - (ea abt 2" across) stems removed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning see * Note
* Note: Crab boil is a seafood seasoning mixture sold at specialty foods stores and in the seafood section of supermarkets.
Butter 10- by 15-inch baking dish.
Combine 1 egg, 1 heaping tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl; whisk to blend. In another medium bowl, combine crabmeat and breadcrumbs. Pour egg mixture over crab mixture and mix gently.
Stuff mushroom caps with crab mixture, mounding in center and pressing gently to adhere. Arrange stuffed mushrooms in prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Bake until mushrooms begin to release juices, about 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk remaining egg, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and half-and-half in small bowl. Remove mushrooms from oven and drizzle each with sauce, then sprinkle with crab boil seasoning. Bake until mushrooms are tender and sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes. Serve hot.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Tip: Use a melon baller to scoop out the mushroom stems.
You'll also love
- Baby Greens, Pear, Walnut, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Artichoke-Blue Cheese Bisque 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushrooms With Chestnuts And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato And Roasted Mushroom... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Scallops With Lemon And Dill 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Snapper With Thyme, Tomatoes,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spanish-Style Clams 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Lemon Crab Cakes On Mixed... 0/5 (0 Votes)