Baby Greens, Pear, Walnut, And Blue Cheese Salad
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bag mixed baby greens - (5 oz)
- 2 large ripe pears halved, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup walnuts toasted, and coarsely chopped
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss greens in large bowl with enough dressing to coat. Divide greens among 6 plates. Top with pear slices, dividing equally. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Drizzle lightly with remaining dressing and serve.
This recipe yields 6 first-course servings.