Jack Cheese & Smoky Chipotle Fondue
Smoky chipotle peppers add a kick to this party-worthy fondue. Serve with traditional bread or continue the Southwestern theme with tortilla chips or tortilla chip cups. Jack Cheese and Smoky Chipotle Fondue also pair well with sweet or tart apple slices and assorted sliced fresh vegetables. This fondue is perfect for any game day party or elegant dinner party.
- 4 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red or yellow sweet pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons dairy sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- French or Italian bread, cut into bite-size cubes
- Tortilla chips or tortilla chip cups
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from MidwestLiving.com
In a heavy, medium saucepan, cook bacon till crisp. Remove bacon; reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan.
Drain bacon on paper towels. Crumble and set aside.
Add green onions, sweet pepper and garlic to saucepan. Cook and stir onion mixture over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in flour.
Stir in cheese, sour cream and chipotle peppers. Cook and stir over medium-low heat till cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
Transfer cheese mixture to fondue pot. Top with crumbled bacon. Place over a fondue burner; keep warm up to 2 hours.
Spear bread cubes with fondue fork; dip in fondue, swirling to coat. Or, dip tortilla chips in fondue.