Apple, Dried Cherry, And Walnut Salad With Maple Dressing
- MAPLE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (or other white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bag mixed baby greens - (5 oz) (abt 10 cups lightly packed)
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored, and cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted
For Dressing: Whisk mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil until mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk before using.)
For Salad: Toss greens, apples, cherries, and 1/4 cup walnuts in large bowl to combine. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad equally among plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.