Angel Hair Pasta with Scallops, Spinach and Pine Nuts
- Sea scallops are large and remain tender when cooked. When buying scallops, look for a creamy white color and a sweet, fresh smell.
- 8 oz. angel hair or capellini pasta
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 5 oz. fresh spinach, coarsely chopped (9 cups)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted*
- 1 cup (4 oz.) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Adapted from cookingclub.com
1. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 2 minutes or until al dente; drain. Meanwhile, dry scallops with paper towels; sprinkle with salt.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until scallops are opaque and golden brown, turning once. Remove from skillet.
3. Turn off heat; add spinach to skillet. Gently stir 1 to 2 minutes or until wilted. Add pasta, scallops and pine nuts; toss to mix. Sprinkle with cheese.
TIP *Toast pine nuts in dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, or microwave on high 1 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
PER SERVING: 595 calories, 27.5 g total fat (12 g saturated fat), 37 g protein, 53 g carbohydrate, 65 mg cholesterol, 1270 mg sodium, 4.5 g fiber
You'll also love
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta PRINT 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Fish Tacos 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Avocado Spring Rolls 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Fresh Mozzarella in Tomato Cups 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato Soup (Adapted from... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Honey Glazed Salmon 4.5/5 (41 Votes)