Steak Tacos w/Cucumber-Avocado Salsa
- CUCUMBER-AVOCADO SALSA:
- 2 cups cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and minced to taste
- STEAK TACOS:
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs top sirloin steaks (about 1 1/4" thick)
- 12 (6") corn tortillas
- 3 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from google images
1.) For salsa: Combine all ingredients in bowl; toss gently. Season to taste with salt. Serve within 1 hr. of preparing.
2.) For tacos: Heat grill. In a bowl, mix first 4 ingredients and 1/4 tsp salt. Rub spice mixture into both sides of steaks.
3.) Grill steaks 5 minutes per side, turning once, for med-rare or to desired doneness. Remove steaks from grill. Let sit 5 minutes. Carve steaks into thin slices.
4.) Warn tortillas by placing on grill 30 sec., turning once. Place carved steak, warm tortillas, cabbage, cilantro, lime wedges and avocado salsa in serving dishes; let diners make their own tacos at the table.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Potato Gratin PRINT 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Spiced Red Wine-Poached Pears 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Kale Slaw 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Vietnamese Lime Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Seared Steak Lettuce Cups 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Guacamole Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Black Bean, Avocado, Cucumber and... 4.4/5 (31 Votes)