Pasta With Meatballs In Balsamic Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 pound purchased cooked meatballs (see comments)
- 3/4 cup thinly-sliced fresh basil
- 1 pound perciatelli or spaghetti
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Simmer 10 minutes. Add meatballs and basil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until meatballs are heated through and sauce is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain; return to pot. Add meatballs with sauce and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 4 servings.