Mashed Potatoes With Creamy Blue Cheese And Rosemary
- 3 pounds russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups crumbled creamy blue cheese - (abt 8 oz) (such as Bleu d'Auvergne)
- 1/2 cup whole milk or more if needed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return potatoes to pot. Add cheese and 1/2 cup milk and mash until almost smooth, adding more milk by tablespoonfuls for desired consistency. Stir in chopped rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 8 hours ahead; cover and chill. Rewarm covered with plastic wrap in microwave, stirring occasionally and adding more milk, if desired.)
Transfer mashed potatoes to bowl. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
This recipe yields 6 servings.