Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (6-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from mrfood.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together chicken, celery, cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, water chestnuts, soup, and almonds. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle onion rings evenly over top and bake 5 more minutes, or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.