APPLE SPICE DOUGHNUTS
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® Flaky Layers refrigerated biscuits
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In deep fryer or 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 350°F. Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Using small round cookie cutter, cut hole in center of each biscuit.
2. In small bowl, mix apple juice, powdered sugar, cinnamon and salt.
3. Gently place 2 or 3 biscuits in hot oil. (Biscuit holes can also be fried!) Fry doughnuts on one side until golden brown. Gently turn with tongs; fry until other side is golden brown.
4. Immediately dip doughnuts in glaze; place on cooling rack. Cool 3 to 5 minutes or until glaze is set before serving.