Loaded with great flavors, these triple stacked nachos contain layers of tortilla chips, perfectly seasoned ground beef and ooey gooey melted cheese all topped off with pico de gallo and dollops of sour cream. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole yellow onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can pinto beans, chili beans, or ranch style beans
- 1/2 cup hot water
- tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 whole Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno, diced finely
- 1/2 bunches cilantro leaves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 whole avocado, pitted and diced
- sour cream, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and half the onion. Cook it until starting to soften, then add the ground beef. Cook the meat until it’s totally browned, then drain the fat. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Add the beans and hot water and stir. Reduce the heat to low and simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
To make the pico de gallo, combine the other half of the onion with the tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir it together and set it aside.
To build the nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a platter or plate. Top with a layer of the beef/bean mixture, then all but 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese. Add another layer of chips, another layer of the beef/bean mixture, and the Monterey Jack cheese. Add a final small layer of chips, then a small layer of beef and beans, then a final sprinkling of cheddar.
Microwave in 45 second increments until the cheese is melted and bubbly. You may also place the platter into a 325°F oven if it’s heatproof. Just leave it in until the cheese is melted.
Immediately sprinkle on the diced avocado and plenty of pico de gallo.
Optional: Add dollops of sour cream here and there!
You'll also love
- Simple Chocolate Ganache 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Boozy Birthday Cake Shots 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Eggs Benedict Casserole 4.6/5 (54 Votes)
- Strawberry Valentine Oreo Cookies 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Carrabba’s Bread Dipping Spice 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- The Cheese Dip That Will Make You... 4.2/5 (99 Votes)