Arugula Salad with Parmesan-Crusted Chicken, Asparagus and Strawberries PRINT
Published: May 11, 2013
- Served as a meal, this salad has an inviting balance of vegetable and fruit flavors that allow full enjoyment of the lightly crusted chicken.
- 1/3 c. plus 1 tbsp Select extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 large eggs
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 3 c. arugula
- 3 c. leaf lettuce
- 1 c. curly endive
- 1 1/2 c. sliced fresh strawberries
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. For dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, raspberry jam, Dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 quart of water to boiling. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes. Meanwhile, fill a large bowl halfway with ice water. Drain asparagus and plunge into ice water to cool.
3. In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, thyme and remaining salt; set aside. In a small bowl, beat eggs with a fork. Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Coat chicken pieces with breadcrumb mixture, then beaten egg, and once again with breadcrumb mixture. In a nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook on all sides until well-browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes, covering if needed. Remove to cutting board to cool slightly. Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.
4. Arrange arugula, lettuce and endive on a serving platter or individual salad plates. Top with asparagus, strawberries and chicken. Serve with dressing.
You'll also love
- Asian Beef Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Orange Pecan Muffins 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Daphne Oz's Lentil Salad 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Fig-Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Squash and Orzo Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp 'n' Spinach Risotto 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Asparagus pastry 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)