Baked Stuffed Shrimp w/Crabmeat and Ritz Crackers
Delicious Baked Stuffed Shrimp w/Crabmeat and Ritz Crackers recipe.
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, shells removed
- 2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoon butter, plus
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup celery, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup ritz cracker, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 pound Jumbo shrimp, shelled, deveined and butterflied
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degree F. Line your baking dish with foil, and butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the crabmeat in a large bowl ad season with the Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
In your fry pan, melt 4 tbsp butter over med-high heat. Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the parsley and garlic, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
Add the cooled vegetables to the crabmeat and toss to combine. Add the mayo, egg, lemon juice, Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir gently. Add 1 cup of cracker crumbs, salt and pepper to taste, and stir gently, being careful not to break up the crabmeat.
Spoon the crabmeat stuffing evenly into each shrimp (about 2 tbsp), and place, stuffed sides up, in your baking dish. Drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Then serve.