Ohana Breakfast Bread 'Ohana Polynesian Resort PRINT
Published: May 15, 2013
- 1 3/4 C. Water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 T. Shortening
- 4 1/2 C. High Gluten Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 T. Instant Yeast
- Coconut Mixture
- 1 C. Crushed pineapple
- 1 C. Unsweetened coconut
- 1 C. Sugar
- 2 T. Cornstarc
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Combine pineapple and coconut in bowl.
2. Combine sugar and cornstarch in separate bowl and mix well.
3. Add sugar and cornstarch mixture into pineapple and coconut mixture and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
1. Combine all ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until
dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
2. Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
4. Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
5. Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9” x 13” cake pan.
6. Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
7. Let dough rise in warm oven (110 degrees F) – about half way up the pan.
8. Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Let bread cool, cut and serve