Lentil Granola Bars
Pureed lentils add protein to these homemade granola bars that are drizzled with milk chocolate. Shredded coconut is added for sweetness and terrific texture in these bars.
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2/3 cup bran buds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup lentils (drained and rinsed then pureed)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips melted
- Note: one 398 ml can of lentils will be a double recipe
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl mix all dry ingredients. In another bowl mix lentil puree, eggs, oil and vanilla. Mix all ingredients together and mix until just moistened.
Spread over 10x16 cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden.
While bars are still warm, drizzle melted chocolate over the bars and cut.
You'll also love
- Coconut Cream Pudding Recipe 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Seafood Stuffed Colossal Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Beef Brisket Rub 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Quiche Muffins 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cauliflower Hummus with Olives 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean & Sweet Corn Guacamole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Vegan Lentil Burgers 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- French Lentil Soup with Sausage... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)