This rich, creamy soup will knock you off your feet! Great as part of a large meal, but meaty enough to use as a full meal
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cupall-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cupshalf-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in the flour until smooth, and cook and stir the mixture until it turns a pale golden color, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the chicken broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps, then mix in the half-and-half, salt, crawfish tails, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne pepper.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue whisking as soup comes to a simmer. Allow the bisque to simmer for about 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Do not boil.