Green Beans and Pancetta with Browned Butter
Pancetta, or Italian bacon, adds delicious fat and savory flavor that combines with the nuttiness of brown butter to make these the best green beans ever!
- 2 pounds thin green beans or haricots verts, trimmed
- 4 ounces pancetta
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces peeled and roasted chestnuts, sliced
In a 4-quart saucepan cook green beans, covered in boiling water 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
In an extra-large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Drain pancetta on paper towels, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shallots to pan and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown and beginning to crisp, stirring frequently. Using tongs, transfer shallots to a paper-lined plate. Season to taste with salt.
Add butter to drippings in skillet. Melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Continue to cook without stirring, for 4 minutes or until butter becomes light brown and fragrant. Reduce heat to low. Add chestnuts. green beans, and pancetta. Cook 2-4 minutes to heat through, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately topped with shallots
You'll also love
- Boston Market Copycat Sweet Potato... 3.9/5 (122 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Bread 4.6/5 (52 Votes)
- Potatoes Soup 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- Candy Corn Cake Pops 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- The Cheese Dip That Will Make You... 4.2/5 (93 Votes)
- Quinoa, Green Bean and Tomato Salad 4.6/5 (49 Votes)