Tuna, Pickle, And Chopped-Vegetable Pita Sandwiches
- 1 can tuna in water - (6 oz) drained
- 1/2 cup chopped drained sweet pickles
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cored Granny Smith apple
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups thinly-sliced red leaf lettuce
- 4 pita breads halved, and pockets opened
Mix first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Season tuna mixture with salt and pepper.
Mix bell pepper, onion, and apple in medium bowl. Add half of vegetable mixture to tuna mixture and stir to blend. Add vinegar to remaining vegetable mixture; toss to combine. Season vegetable mixture to taste with salt and pepper.
Place 1/4 cup lettuce in each pita half. Spoon 1/8 of tuna mixture, then 1/8 of vegetable mixture into each pita half. Place 2 pita halves on each of 4 plates and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 304; total fat, 5 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 17 mg.