Sausage and Kale Soup
Quick, healthy and comforting
- 16 oz. Ground Turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups white wine (Sauv Blanc or Pinot Gris)
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
- 1 can cannolini beans (rinsed well)
- 16 oz. fresh kale, stems removes and leaves chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Heat a 5-qt stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and liquid smoke, saute' 5 minutes or until browned.
2. Add onion and garlic for approximately 3-4 minutes.
3. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil.
4. Add in potatoes, beans and kale. Reduce heat to simmer and leave partially covered for 10-12 minutes or until kale and potatoes are tender
5. Serve with crushed red pepper, if desired.
You'll also love
- Steak and Lobster Tails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Tartlets with Cranberry... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Worcestershire Potatoes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Lasagna with Farmer Cheese 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Pan Sauce 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Best Flaky Biscuits with Bacon and... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Australian Sausage Rolls 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Asiago Chicken Pasta with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)