Sausage and Kale Soup
Quick, healthy and comforting
- 16 oz. Ground Turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-1 1/2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups white wine (Sauv Blanc or Pinot Gris)
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2 in. chunks
- 1 can cannolini beans (rinsed well)
- 16 oz. fresh kale, stems removes and leaves chopped
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1. Heat a 5-qt stock pot over medium high heat. Add sausage and liquid smoke, saute' 5 minutes or until browned.
2. Add onion and garlic for approximately 3-4 minutes.
3. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil.
4. Add in potatoes, beans and kale. Reduce heat to simmer and leave partially covered for 10-12 minutes or until kale and potatoes are tender
5. Serve with crushed red pepper, if desired.
You'll also love
- Banana Fritters (Southern Food) 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Lobster Gnocchi 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Duck Breasts with Citrus Port... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Southern Homemade Sweet Potato Pie 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Empanadas de Carne (Beef... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Tomato Compote 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Cheese and Chorizo Sandwich 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- The Best Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (13 Votes)