- 1 qt. fresh or frozen huckleberries or blueberries (4 cups)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. If using frozen berries, thaw at room temperature 30 minutes. Place berries in 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large bowl combine brown sugar and flour. Use a pastry blender to cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in oats until all is clumped together. Sprinkle oat mixture atop berries; sprinkle with walnuts.
2. Bake crisp in a 350° oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden and filling bubbles at the edges. Makes 6 to 8 servings.