Beet, Cucumber, And Sweet Onion Salad, Dijon-Honey Dressing
- 6 medium beets trimmed
- 1 large English hothouse cucumber unpeeled, and cut into 1/4"-thick rounds
- 1/2 sweet onion (Maui or Vidalia) halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup corn oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap each beet in foil, enclosing completely. Place on rack in oven and bake until beets are tender when pierced with fork, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Cool in foil. Peel beets, then cut each into 6 slices.
Arrange beets, slightly overlapping, on half of large platter. Arrange cucumber slices on other half. Scatter onion in center. (Can be made 4 hours ahead; chill.)
Whisk honey, vinegar, and mustard in small bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Barbecued Ribs With Corn And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Pork Ribs With Hoisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Orange Salad With Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Cucumber Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Saute Of Fresh Fava Beans, Onions,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange, Tomato, Broccoli, Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beets With Garlic-Walnut Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)