Baked Pork Ribs With Hoisin Barbecue Sauce
- 4 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Sherry
- 4 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
Place ribs in large roasting pan. Pierce meat with fork. Sprinkle with Chinese five-spice powder and onion powder; rub mixture into meat.
Whisk remaining ingredients in small bowl to blend. Pour sauce over ribs, turning to coat. Turn ribs meat-side down; cover pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake ribs, covered, until just tender, about 30 minutes. Uncover and turn ribs meat-side up; bake until ribs are cooked through, basting occasionally, about 35 minutes. Cut meat between bones to separate ribs and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.