Chickpea & Artichoke Pâté
Make this vegetarian Chickpea & Artichoke Pâté fully vegan by toasting vegan bread instead of French bread for service. This hummus-like recipe is composed of chickpeas, roasted red bell pepper, jarred artichokes, vibrant Chinese five spice, and freshly chopped herbs and garlic, for a rich and flavorful pâté that is the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
- 4 red bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 (6 to 7-ounce) jar artichokes packed in sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 loaf French bread or bread of your choice, for serving
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from google.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bake the red bell pepper halves until fragrant and soft. Drain the chickpeas and artichokes. Roast the five spice in a hot, dry pan until fragrant. Set aside the red bell peppers and a few artichoke pieces. Blend all the remaining ingredients to a fine purée.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve with toasted slices of French bread and the reserved roasted red bell peppers and the remaining artichoke to garnish.
You'll also love
- Macaroni and Four Cheeses 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Cider Dijon Pork Chops with... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Applesauce Granola 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Cheese Fondue with Weirdly Great... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Savory Sausage, Cauliflower &... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Green Bean Bundles 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Mini Shrimp Rolls 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream 4.6/5 (15 Votes)