Flounder Piccata with Spinach
The layers of rice, spinach and sautéed flounder with wine and capers are both a stunning presentation and a complete meal. Add bread and salad, if you like. Lemon and capers add a puckery, tart flair to mild flounder fillets. Sautéed fresh spinach and rice complete the layered entrée. This recipe for Flounder Piccata with Spinach makes a healthful, flavorful dish perfect for a weeknight dinner or even a dinner party.
- 1(3.5-ounce) bag1 (3.5-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4teaspoon1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4(6-ounce)4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3cup1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons butter
- 4cups4 cups fresh baby spinach
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Place rice in a medium bowl; stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dredge fish in flour.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Add wine, juice and capers to pan; cook 1 minute. Add butter to pan, stirring until butter melts. Remove fish and sauce from pan; keep warm.
Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Add spinach to pan; sauté 1 minute or until wilted.
Place 1/2 cup rice onto each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 1/3 cup spinach, 1 fillet, and 1 tablespoon sauce.
You'll also love
- Sausage, Mushroom, and Tomato Stew 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Asparagas & Sweet Potatoes Au... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Roasted Rosemary Shrimp with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Cast Iron Tilapia 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Cod with Garlic Mayonnaise 3.8/5 (127 Votes)
- Turkey Meatball Spinach Tortellini... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Baked Whole Flounder 3.7/5 (184 Votes)
- Flounder Stuffed with Broccoli and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)