Asian Noodle, Mushroom, And Cabbage Salad
- 12 large dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cups thinly-sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 14 green onions 12 halved
- lengthwise, cut 2" long diagonally, remaining 2 chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 package fresh thin Chinese egg noodles - (16 oz) (or 12-oz dried Chinese egg noodles)
- 1/3 cup oriental sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 hard-boiled eggs 2 thinly sliced, and 1 chopped for garnish
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place mushrooms in medium bowl; add enough boiling water to cover. Let stand until mushrooms soften, about 45 minutes. Drain mushrooms. Cut off stems and discard; thinly slice caps.
Heat peanut oil in heavy large wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage, ginger, garlic, and mushrooms. Stir-fry until cabbage wilts, about 2 minutes. Add 2-inch green onion pieces; toss until green tops begin to wilt, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Mix in 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Cook noodles in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well; place in large bowl. Whisk sesame oil, next 3 ingredients, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce in small bowl. Add to noodles. Add sliced eggs, 3/4 cup cilantro, and cabbage mixture; toss to blend well. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill, tossing occasionally.)
Sprinkle salad with 2 chopped green onions, chopped egg, and remaining 1/4 cup cilantro and serve.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Bulgarian Beef Stew 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Chilli Garlic Noodles 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Dolly Parton's Cabbage Soup 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Weight Watchers' Noodle Kugel 4.2/5 (12 Votes)