Watercress, Endive, And Orange Salad
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch watercress thick stems trimmed
- 3 large heads Belgian endive trimmed, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
Using small sharp knife, cut peel and white pith from oranges. Cut oranges into 1 1/2-inch chunks. Set aside.
Whisk vinegar and sugar in large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper. Add watercress, endive, and oranges; toss to coat. Divide salad among 6 plates. Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- St. Patrick's Day Spinach Pancakes... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)
- Braised Escarole & Cannellini Beans 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)