Easy Lemon Cookie
The basic cake cookie with a twist -- see NOTE for additional cookie flavor ideas
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 17mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl.
3. Stir in eggs, oil and lemon extract until well blended.
4. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar
5. Roll them around until they are lightly covered. Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. If you prefer a crisper cookie, push the ball down a little before baking and bake them until browned.
6. Bake 6 to 7 minutes in preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy.
You can use 1 tbsp lemon juice in place of the lemon extract.
ADDITIONAL COOKIE IDEAS NOTE:
You can make lemon, strawberry (using strawberry extract instead of lemon), and carrot cake (using 1/8 tsp of ground ginger and a tsp of vanilla) versions.