Veal Scallops With Bacon And Tomatoes
- 3 thick-cut bacon slices chopped
- 1 pound russet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 3/4 pounds veal scallops
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
Cook bacon in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to small bowl.
Add potatoes to drippings in skillet. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Transfer potatoes to medium bowl; cover to keep warm. Reserve skillet.
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper; coat with flour and shake off excess. Add butter to skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Working in batches, add veal to skillet and cook until brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer veal to platter.
Add broth, vermouth, garlic, and thyme to skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Boil until sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 3 minutes. Mix in bacon. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over veal. Surround with potatoes; serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1069 Votes)
- Roasted Veal Chops with Grapes 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)