Tuscan Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices country bread, 1/2" thick
- 3 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 3 tablespoons bottled balsamic vinaigrette
Brush 1 side of each bread slice lightly with oil, using about 1 tablespoon total. On 2 slices, arrange half of cheese, then tomato, basil, and remaining cheese. Top with remaining bread slices, oil-side down. Brush tops of sandwiches with about 1 tablespoon of remaining oil.
Heat medium skillet or range-top grill pan over medium heat. Place sandwiches, oil-side down, in skillet. Brush tops with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Cook until sandwiches are golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
Toss arugula with vinaigrette and divide between 2 plates. Cut sandwiches in half or quarters and arrange around arugula. Serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.