Tricolor Potatoes With Pesto And Parmesan
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 2 large shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned new potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes - (abt 1 1/2" dia ea)
- 1 pound purple potatoes - (abt 1 1/2" dia ea)
- 3/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Blend 4 tablespoons olive oil, basil, shallots, and garlic in processor until smooth. Season basil sauce to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Toss all potatoes with 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in large bowl to coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Roast potatoes until almost tender, about 35 minutes. Pour basil sauce over potatoes and toss to coat. Continue roasting potatoes until golden brown and tender when pierced with skewer, about 20 minutes longer.
Transfer potatoes to serving bowl. Add cheese and toss to coat.
This recipe yields 10 servings.