Baked Cheesy Chicken Pasta
The whole family will definitely enjoy this oh so cheesy chicken pasta! Make it with whatever kind of pasta you like and even add different meats or spices to kick it up a notch!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pound pasta of your choice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from simplymrsedwards.com
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Boil pasta until al dente—about 3 minutes under recommended time. Set aside.
While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Season chicken with salt & pepper and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and thinly slice. Set aside.
In a medium pot or dutch oven, melt butter and add flour and garlic. Whisk together and cook for about 1 minute (you are creating roux, the thickener for your cheese sauce).
Gradually add milk while whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer and whisk frequently while sauce thickens. It may take a few minutes to thicken, just keep whisking.
Remove pot from heat and gradually stir in cheeses. Add chicken and pasta to pot. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Pour mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until top is golden and bubbling. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Eggplant Involtini 4.5/5 (116 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (116 Votes)
- Spring Herb Pesto and Pasta 4.6/5 (108 Votes)
- Popeye's Spicy Chicken Recipe 4/5 (476 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (108 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies 4.5/5 (113 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken Bake 4.5/5 (110 Votes)
- Country Cabbage Soup 4.5/5 (111 Votes)