Tomatoes Stuffed With Spiced Lamb And Rice
- 8 large firm tomatoes - (3" to 3 1/2" dia ea)
- 2 tablespoons butter - (1/4 stick)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cooked long-grain white rice (abt 1/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut off top third of tomatoes; chop tops and reserve. Scoop out seeds, juice, and pulp from tomatoes and discard.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Add lamb and sauté until browned, about 7 minutes. Add chopped tomato tops, wine, mint, 2 tablespoons parsley, and cinnamon. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes. Stir in cooked rice.
Place tomatoes in 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish. Spoon lamb mixture into tomatoes. Sprinkle each tomato with 1/2 tablespoon breadcrumbs, then 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until heated through and cheese begins to turn golden, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1063 Votes)
- Sugar-Seared Salmon With Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)