Pineapple Breakfast Bread
A sweet tropical bread with pineapple and coconut. This delicious bread is served at the Ohana in Disney's Polynesian Resort.
- COCONUT MIXTURE:
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 1/2 cups high gluten flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons Instant Yeast
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 160mins
Adapted from magicalrecipes.net
Combine all bread ingredients in order of recipe in mixing bowl, and mix with dough hook until dough picks up on hook and the sides of the mixing bowl is clean.
Let dough rise until it doubles in size.
Roll out dough onto a floured surface until it is 2 inches thick.
Next spread pineapple/coconut mixture over the top of the dough.
Fold dough into itself and place in a greased 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
Cut dough into pieces with a pizza cutter and spread out cut pieces evenly in cake pan.
Let dough rise in warm oven (110°F) - about half way up the pan.
Bake at 325°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Let bread cool, cut and serve
You'll also love
- Creamy Italian Potato Salad Recipe 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Crock-pot Macaroni and Cheese 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Raspberry Bread Pudding 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Best Bread Pudding 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon Fudge 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Apple Pie Bars 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Blueberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt 4.4/5 (56 Votes)