Snap Peas, Turnips, Mint & Preserved Lemon
Still-crunchy snap peas are tossed with turnips, preserved lemon, fresh mint and a perky Champagne vinaigrette.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 4 small turnips (about 3/4-pound), peeled and sliced into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 4 cups sugar snap peas (about 1-pound), vine end trimmed
- 1/4 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 preserved lemon--halved, flesh scooped out and discarded, and rind thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
To a large bowl, add ice and water and set aside.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons of the sea salt and the turnips and simmer for 1 minute.
Add the snap peas and cook until both the turnips and the peas are crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain the turnips and the snap peas in a colander and immediately transfer them to the ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Once the vegetables are chilled, after about 2 minutes, drain, then transfer the vegetables to a kitchen-towel-lined sheet pan to drain further.
In a large mixing bowl, add the shallot, lemon juice and Champagne vinegar. While whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is thick, creamy and emulsified.
To the vinaigrette, add the cooked turnips, snap peas, preserved lemon, mint, the remaining 1 teaspoon of sea salt and the ground black pepper. Stir to coat with the vinaigrette and serve.
You'll also love
- Beef and Artichoke Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Burgandy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes with 4 Cheeses 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chickpea Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Croquettes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- APPLE PIE (OLD FASHIONED) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Blueberry Oat Smoothie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Pepper Citrus Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)