Spice-Rubbed Chicken Breasts With Lemon-Shallot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Mix salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon allspice in small bowl. Rub spice mixture over both sides of chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in each of 2 large nonstick skillets over medium-high heat. Divide chicken between skillets and sauté until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to work surface. Tent with foil to keep warm.
Add 1/4 cup wine to each skillet and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits. Combine wine in 1 skillet. Stir in broth, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and lemon peel. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Whisk in shallots, thyme, 6 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon allspice; season sauce with salt and pepper.
Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Divide chicken among plates. Spoon sauce over. Sprinkle with parsley.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
What to drink: Sauvignon Blanc or a dry rosé, such as a French Bandol.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.1/5 (1641 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Green Salad with Shallot Dressing 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)