Slow-Roasted Tuna With Tomatoes, Herbs, And Spices
- 1 tuna fillet - (2 1/4 lbs)
- 9 whole cloves
- 9 whole coriander seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves cut into slivers
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds plum tomatoes halved, seeded, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Using knife, make 9 slits in sides of tuna. Fill each with 1 clove, 1 coriander seed, and 1 garlic sliver; sprinkle tuna with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in ovenproof pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté 8 minutes; push to side of pot. Add tuna and sauté until brown on all sides, about 12 minutes. Scatter tomatoes, oregano, and remaining garlic slivers around tuna. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour vinegar over fish.
Bake tuna uncovered until thermometer inserted into center registers 145 degrees for medium-rare, about 12 minutes. Transfer tuna to platter. Spoon tomato sauce over. Cool to room temperature. Slice tuna thinly and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Tuna Hummus Crostini 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle... 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Fish Wrap In Kemiri Nut... 0/5 (0 Votes)