Roasted Salmon With Red Pepper And Corn Relish
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds plus
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4 red bell peppers
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 4 ears)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 skinless salmon fillets - (5 to 6 oz ea) (abt 1 3/4" thick each)
Toast coriander seeds in small skillet over medium heat until aromatic, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly. Crush in mortar with pestle.
For Relish: Char bell peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag 10 minutes. Peel and seed peppers; cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn and green onions and sauté until corn begins to brown in spots, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; sauté 2 minutes. Add wine and stir until liquid evaporates, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in bell peppers, lemon juice, honey, and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds. (Relish can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Stir over medium heat until heated through before serving.) Stir parsley into relish. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For Salmon: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line large baking sheet with foil. Mix first 5 ingredients and remaining crushed coriander seeds in medium bowl. Brush salmon all over with mixture. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Roast salmon until opaque in center, about 10 minutes. Transfer to platter. Spoon relish over salmon and serve.
This recipe yields 10 servings.
What to drink: More Champagne or a fruity red, such as a young Rioja or a Sangiovese.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (293 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 3.9/5 (419 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Halibut With Tomato-Tarragon Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)