Parsley, Garlic, And Onion Spread
- 1 large russet potato peeled, cubed
- 3 slices day-old French bread - (4" by 3" by 1") crusts trimmed, and bread cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley - (packed)
- 1 small white onion quartered
- 1 large garlic clove halved
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Baguette slices for serving
Cook potato in medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Return to pan and mash until smooth. Transfer 3/4 cup mashed potato to large bowl.
Place bread in medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup water, lemon juice, and vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes to soften. Blend bread, parsley, onion, garlic, and capers in processor to smooth paste. Mix into mashed potato in large bowl. Mix in oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover; chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve with baguette slices.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.