Orange, Tomato, Broccoli, Sweet Onion Salad With Orange Vinaigrette
- 2 cups broccoli florets in 3/4" pieces (abt 8 oz)
- 3 large oranges
- 2 large tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced sweet onion (such as Vidalia or Maui)
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
Steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Place broccoli in large bowl.
Cut peel and white pith from oranges. Holding oranges over small bowl to catch juice, cut between membranes to release segments. Cut each orange segment crosswise into 3 pieces. Add orange pieces, tomatoes, onion, and fresh basil to bowl with broccoli.
Add oil, vinegar, and orange peel to bowl with collected orange juice; whisk to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
Divide salad among 4 plates and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 171; total fat, 7 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 0.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1068 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.4/5 (565 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.4/5 (333 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Subway Sweet Onion Sauce 3.9/5 (131 Votes)
- Sweet Onion Mac and Cheese 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)