- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked diced skinless boneless chicken breast (1 breast half)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 10" whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Adapted from google images
1.) Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom water has evaporated and they begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add the chicken, cumin, chili powder, and oregano and stir until all the spices are incorporated. Stir in the spinach, salt, and pepper and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
2.) Lay the tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle half of each tortilla with 2 tbsp of shredded cheese. Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture on top of the cheese on each tortilla, then top each with 2 more tablespoons of cheese and fold the tortillas over into half-moons, pressing down lightly to seal them closed.
3.) Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas. Slice each quesadilla in half. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.