- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 8 tablespoons chopped unsalted pistachios
- 1 low-salt chicken broth - (14 oz) or more if needed
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon peel in 1" by 1/8" strips (yellow part only)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté 3 minutes. Add rice and 2 tablespoons pistachios; stir 2 minutes. Stir in 1 can broth, lemon juice, and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
Mix in 4 tablespoons pistachios and 2 tablespoons lemon peel. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Spread rice out onto baking sheet; cool. Before continuing, drizzle with more broth and rewarm tightly covered with foil in 400 degree oven until heated through, about 10 minutes.) Transfer rice to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons pistachios and 1/2 tablespoon lemon peel.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (760 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)
- New England Seafood Chowder 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Onions... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Butternut Squash And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricot Bread Pudding With Caramel... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Compote 0/5 (0 Votes)