BLT & Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches
Egg salad sandwiches with Romain lettuce, tomato and bacon makes a perfect lunch but these are so good I could eat them for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner!
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 slices good-quality white bread
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon dijon or yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 small red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or Vegenaise or greek yogurt)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Romaine leaves and tomato slices, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Arrange the bacon on a broiler pan and roast until crisp, about 15 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast, turning once, for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the eggs and enough cold water to cover; bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain the eggs, crack the shells; cover the eggs in their shells with cold water and let stand for a couple of minutes, then peel the eggs.
Halve the eggs and place the yolks in a bowl. Add the onion, mustard, relish, hot sauce, Worcestershire, chile and garlic; mash together. Stir in just enough mayo (or Vegenaise or greek yogurt) to make smooth; season with salt and pepper. Chop the egg whites and fold into the deviled yolks.
Divide the egg salad among 4 toast slices. Top with the lettuce, tomato and bacon. Spread the top toast slices with a little red pepper jelly, if desired, and cover the sandwiches.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Sweet Pineapple Chicken 4/5 (94 Votes)
- Zesty Quinoa Salad 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Salted Chocolate Toffee Pretzel... 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Man Pleasing Chicken 4.6/5 (39 Votes)
- Creamy Fruit Salad 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- Avocado Egg Salad 4.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Yam Khai Dao (Fried egg salad) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Philly Sliders 5/5 (1 Votes)