Chorizo and Black Bean Soup with Eggs
- 1 tablespoon EVOO or vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound raw chorizo, casing removed adn meat crumbled or chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chile peppers, thinly sliced or chopped
- 3 - 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder (a scant palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 2 15 ouncecans black beans
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- Tortilla chips
- Optional toppings: crumbled queso fresco or other mild cheese, sliced scallions, pickled jalapenos, diced tomotoes, chopped cilantro
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
In a dutch oven or heavy pot, heat the EVOO (or vegetable oil), 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until crisp at the edges, 2 minutes. Add the onion, chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin and coriander; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, to toast the spices for a couple of minutes.
In a blender or food processor, puree 1 can beans and 1 cup chicken stock. Add to the dutch oven along with the remaining 1 can beans and 2 cups stock. Simmer over medium-high heat for a few minutes to thicken.
Meanwhile, cook the eggs by poaching or frying over easy.
To serve, line the edges of soup bowls with a few tortilla chips. Add the soup, an egg on top for mixing in and any of the toppings you like.
You'll also love
- Michael Symon's Turkey Cutlets... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Vegan Antipasto Salad 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Red Kidney Beans & Corn Salad with... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- John’s Tomato Sauce with Veal... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy and Sweet Smoked Sausage 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Bob Evans Sausage Gravy 4/5 (14 Votes)
- CORN AND BLACK BEAN SALAD WITH... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Arroz Con Chorizo (Rice and... 4/5 (5 Votes)